Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Price Of Love

I see them

as they pass by me on the street,

smile over a church aisle,

wave from captured photos…

every day…


young,

vulnerable,

and longing to be mature…

to be protected… held close…

cherished and chosen…


desiring freedom….longing to be released,

liberated,

without restraint.

To soar beyond exacting, unbending barriers

yet rest surrounded by solicitude and tender worry…


We all struggle and itch

to shed the snug binding skin

that enwraps us from birth.


We wrestle with the emerging wings

that endeavor to break

free.


Then there comes that day

when we become aware

that we are walking down

a silent pathway -

that we clutch our arms close

to our panting breasts

and ache for the arms that will enfold us…


To find the touch and embrace

that will keep us

and tether our feet

groundward –


To locate the eyes that

will tender forgiveness –

The heart that beats

for Truth –

is a search that

whispers & beckons

us forward.


And our search

becomes

relevant…

relentless…

real…


The cost

is extravagantly

minimal.


To give ourselves

to the Giver

is - in itself -

without measure

or price

yet costs us

everything.


Everything

that is

us.

Written 6-25-10

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! thanks for leaving a comment,I understood that was the reason you explained in your mail...I tried to write you back but it doesn't work...I hate my mail!!! Have a nice evening, I'm so happy I discovered you.

    XX Zaira

    ReplyDelete